Update: AT&T released the iPhone 3G pricing plan on July 1st. Read here.
We recently wrote that AT&T is having an iPhone 3G family plan, and that regular lines are starting at $39.99/month with $9.99/month extra for each additional line.
Those are just the standard AT&T Family Talk plan figures.
We found some more detailed info on the iPhone Family Plan.
All plans include
- Unlimited Night and Weekend Minutes*
- Unlimited Data
- Visual Voicemail
- 200 SMS Text Messages
- Rollover Minutes**
- Unlimited Mobile-to-Mobile***
- * AT&T defines nights and weekends as 9 p.m. to 5:59 a.m., Monday through Thursday, and Friday night at 9 p.m. to 5:59 a.m. Monday morning.
- ** Rollover minutes are unused minutes from a previous month that get lumped into the following month’s group of minutes. Minutes can rollover for up to 12 months.
- *** Calls to and from other AT&T customers only.
We spoke with an AT&T representative to inquire about the iPhone family plan and iPhone 3G family plan.
For info on the regular iPhone family plan, refer above.
Regarding the 3G, the AT&T representative said 2 things.
- We do not have any information about the iPhone 3G pricing until July 11th (in a very rehearsed manner).
- "I’ll tell you one thing though, it’ll definitely be more expensive."
Thanks a lot Mr. AT&T rep – we’re glad you’re enjoying that your employer is sucking us dry with these $30/month data plans that don’t even include text messages, and now these apparent more expensive family plans. Great.