In a surprise move, Apple released one extra app of their own for the App Store.
We all knew about the "Remote" app that Apple was working on, which allows you to wirelessly control iTunes and Apple TV from your iPhone, but nobody saw this coming.
Out of all the ideas for apps, Apple came up with these two:
Texas Hold’em Poker:
- Play against the computer
- Play against friends over a Wi-Fi network (not 3G)
- Switch between immersive first-person and top-down gameplay by rotating your iPhone/iPod Touch
- Opponents bet, bluff, and have secret tells
- In-game hints, tips, statistics, and player ratings
- Wi-Fi multiplayer support for up to 9 players
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
Who would’ve thought that Apple’s next market would be gambling?
But on a serious note, Apple did a great job – for a Hold’em game it’s awesome.