Healthcare & Fitness
Developed by Epocrates
[click to enlarge]
The Pill Pictures feature – identify your "mystery pill" by seaching by shape, color, scoring, coating, and imprint.
Epocrates Rx offers a list of alternative medications to the medication you search for.
Epocrates Rx allows you to search by formulary – however, at this point, only Aetna is available.
In the Interactions feature, you can search for drug interactions for up to 30 drugs at a time and read which drugs shouldn’t be mixed and why.
The general menu for a drug presents you with a generic name, drug class, adult dosing, pediatric dosing, black box warning, contraindications/cautions, adverse reactions, common reactions, pictures, and pricing.
- Epocrates Rx is a drug reference app
- It enables healthcare professionals and patients to find medical information more quickly and easily on the go and at the point of care
- A continually updated drug database with over 3,300 brand and generic drugs
- Includes dosing, adverse reactions, interactions, pharmacology, pricing, and images of the medication.
- Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions.
- Use the Pill ID feature to identify a "mystery pill".
- Free updates and messages from the medical news alerts database.
- Good design – no clunk, straight to the point
- Great functionality – the app does what it promises
- Extremely large database of information
- Information is well integrated between multiple features of the application
- Extensive Help menu
- The only "Formulary" available is for Aetna
- Images aren’t available for all medications