Griffin Wave Case
[click to enlarge]
The Griffin Wave comes in 5 different colors.
Side view – the interlocking pattern between the upper and bottom halves of the case give it the "Wave" name.
You can mix and match colors.
What It Is
- The Griffin Wave Case is a protective shell case for the iPhone 3G (only)
- The case is made of an impact-resistant polycarbonate shell (a hard plastic)
- Wave-shaped closure grips with maximum surface area
- Durable polycarbonate protection
- Rigid touchscreen protector allows complete control of your iPhone
- Full access to buttons and ports
- Your iPhone is actually protected – it’ll take a lot to get a scratch through this case
- The case comes with a 1 year warranty
- The case comes with a durable screen protector which doesn’t hinder touch-screen usage at all
- Easy to put together (and take apart)
- You can mix and match colors
- Fairly priced (relative to other iPhone 3G cases)
- The screen and protective cover must be thoroughly degreased with alcohol prior to application because otherwise the protector will stick to the screen and leave behind disgusting smudge marks.
- The polycarbonate plastic feels like a cheap plastic toy.
- Condensation builds between the case and the iPhone 3G.
If you’re looking for solid body and screen protection, this case is for you. But if you’re not a fan of hard plastic (perhaps you have repressed memories of cheap pharmacy toys) then steer clear of the Griffin Wave.