Some of our readers have notified us of the following message on Windows Vista after upgrading to iTunes 7.7:
AppleMobileDeviceHelper has stopped working.
We’re yet to figure out the cause of problem, but here’s a quick solution which seems to work.
You need to run iTunes as administrator
- Find the folder where you installed iTunes
- Find the file called iTunes.exe
- Right mouse click on iTunes.exe
- Select run as adminsitrator
- Follow additional prompts (entering admin password, running as admin all the time, etc)