iPhone 2.0.2 Software Update is Available for Download
iPhone Firmware 2.0.2 is now available for iPhone and iPod Touch users.
To download, open iTunes and click "Check for Update".
You should see the following message:
A newer version of the iPhone software is available (version 2.0.2). To update your iPhone with the latest software, Click Update.
Start the installation process.
A word of caution before you click NEXT:
1. Make sure you have lots of time, cause it’ll take you a while to finish the upgrade process due to the backup and installation time. (it took us approximately 30 minutes to update, you may be luckier).
2. If you aren’t the adventurous type, let others play with the update for a day or two. Just be patient, and wait a day or two. See if there’s any negative reports.
3. If you have your phone jailbroken – STOP, as of right now Pwnage tool does not work with 2.0.2 Software update.
Good Luck! We will report any significant improvements/problems with an update.
1. Before update, I had a case of all apps crashing (any app store app crashes on the start) I found the way to fix it – restore iPhone. I figured to try the update and see if it is going to fix this particular issue with out going through full restore process. Unfortunately, after update apps still crashing.
2. You can upgrade to 2.0.2 and then downgrade 2.0.1. So if you are into jailbreaking but like to try 2.0.2 it will not cause any problems going back to 2.0.1
3. Flipping from one springboard screen to another is much snappier
4. Just tested: if you upgrade jailbroken and unlocked phone to 2.0.2 – jailbreak will be gone, but unlock will stay. Same rules as 2.0.1. Read this post if you need to decide To Update or Not To Update?