DevTeam Released QuickPwn today.
What is it?
- It is a command line jailbreaking tool without a restore option
- Works only on windows
- Still in beta
- Works only with 2.0.1 version of iPhone software
What does it mean for you?
- Much, Much quicker jailbreaking process
- No need for iTunes to jailbreak your iPhone/iPod
Things to know before you try it
- It is a straight-forward jailbreak tool, so there are no customization options
- All of your programs, configurations will remain intact after this jailbreaking method
Let’s try QuickPwn, we know you gonna love it
1. Download QuickPwn
2. Unzip QuickPwn.zip
3. Copy unaltered ISPW file into QuickPwn directory.
For iPhone 2G – iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw
For iPHone 3G – iPhone1,2_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw
Note: if you do not have the files listed above just search google using file names, you will find what you are looking for.
4. Close iTunes and kill all processes related to iTunes.
In the example shown above, we had to kill iPodService.exe and iTunesHelper.exe processes
5. Start QuickPwn by clicking iPhone 2G.bat for 2G jailbreak and iPhone 3G.bat for 3G jailbreak
6. Let’s see different prompts you will be presented with during the jailbreak process
Some hacker magic
Hacker magic is finished, select if your iPhone/iPod connected to your computer via USB
Read this carefully and get ready for getting your device into DFU mode (Timing is everything)
If you do not time it properly, you will get an error message below.
Note: Make sure that you quit iTunes and stopped all iTunes’ processes. Also, if your iPhone is not connected properly, you will get these prompts.
If your timing was right, you will get into DFU mode and the jailbreaking process starts
It took less then 10 minutes for jailbreaking process to finish
If you are having problems and you want to go back to the original settings, read the following
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your iPhone/iPod during the use of our article/video/instructions.