Lost your iPhone and want to pinpoint its exact location? Want to keep tabs of how far you’ve traveled on a rigorous hike? Have overprotective parents who need to know where you are at all times? GPS Tracker from InstaMapper LLC offers real time tracking, with the ability to check location information via Google Maps.
- Track location online via Google Maps, with updates as often as every 5 seconds
- Up to 100,000 positions can be recorded on any given device
- Up to 100 positions can be buffered and stored in memory
- Have others track you down by embedding a map on your personal web page, blog, or Facebook profile
- Choose a preferred system of measurement: metric, imperial, or nautical
- Does not operate in background (Due to Apple not allowing third-party Apps to run in the background)
- If iPhone is misplaced or stolen, hope and pray you left the App running
- Can suck iPhone’s battery dry in only several hours, as the App keeps the screen lit (Can be corrected by adjusting screen brightness)
- Discrepancies in speed and heading values (Again, another Apple issue)
For what it is, GPS Tracker can be a useful travel tool. The developers are working to create new features while improving upon existing ones. The InstaMapper forum allows for users to make requests for what they would like the next version of GPS Tracker to include.