The release of iTunes 8 introduced Genius, Apple’s music recommendation engine. If you want access to Genius on your iPhone, just follow these five simple steps:
1. Install iTunes 8 on your computer
2. Activate Genius (See our post on iTunes 8)
3. Update your iPhone to the 2.1 firmware
4. On your iPhone, go to iPod -> Playlists:
Genius should be at the top of the list
5. Download Remote (App Store; Free), which has been updated to work with iTunes 8
Acquainting your iPhone with Genius and iTunes 8 is very simple. Download and configure Remote, and you have quite a multimedia hook-up in your hands.