Trapster is now available for download in the App Store. Trapster warns drivers of the location of red light cameras and speed traps using the iPhone’s GPS and WiFi capabilities.
- Real-time data of speed traps
- When approaching a trap a, Trapster will alert the driver in accordance to the specific trap ahead ("Live Police!" or "Red Light Camera!")
- Drivers can report traps they see by tapping the screen, and rate traps reported by other Trapster users
- Free download and registration
- Recommended for use with iPhone 3G, as it supports GPS (In limited situations, older iPhone models can support Trapster)
- Program freezes when trying to zoom in on a location in areas with limited connection or GPS coverage (Can be remedied by restarting or reinstalling the program; an update with a glitch fix is under review by Apple)
Trapster will become much more reliable as more users download the program and report and grade speed traps. There is no doubt that Trapster can result in friendlier roads and less speed-related incidents. Drive safely, with Trapster!
App Store; free