Datavitz, the developer of Documents to Go, a Microsoft Office documents editor for the BlackBerry, Palm, Windows Mobile, and Symbian, has announced that an iPhone version of the application is "coming soon". Datavitz stated that Documents to Go's features would include:
- Create, view and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint files
- Supports file attachments received by e-mail, media card or Bluetooth
- Original document formatting of created files is retained
- Full integration with BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry Internet
- Service for access to e-mail attachments
- Advanced character/font and paragraph formatting
- Spell check
- Insert and delete tables in word processing files
- Insert and edit auto bullets and numbering in Word files
- Sorting and cell formatting in spreadsheets
- Insert and delete worksheets
- Insert and delete slides in PowerPoint presentations
- English, Spanish, French, German and Italian versions will be available
Since the iPhone is infamous for lacking a basic cut-and-paste function‚Äîand cut-and-paste is an absolute necessary for basic editing‚Äîit will be interesting to see how Documents to Go solves this problem. Datavitz has not yet announced a release date for Documents to Go for the iPhone.
See price sample below for Palm devices.
Do you think App store prices will be any different?