Dial Directions released Say What, a mapping and search App that utilizes voice recognition. Now there's Say Who, a dialer that makes contacting friends, family, and establishments as simple as speaking a name or telephone number into the phone.
- Auto Dial function allows you to speak into your iPhone and dial contacts on the fly (It can be turned off, if you prefer)
- Picks up on speed dial and nicknames listed in your contacts, for even more of a shortcut
- Can be specific in how you dial: "Call 'x' at 'y'."
- Large font size is clear and easy to read
- Before starting the App, Say Who prepares the iPhone microphone, and vibrates when it's ready to go
- No Bluetooth / hands free connectivity
- You have to press the screen the whole time you're speaking your contact or number into the iPhone
- Appears to be a lag for many users (From load time to dial time, depending)
Straight from the developers:
Say Who makes the dialing process much easier–just speak, and the App will do the rest. However, integration with Bluetooth or other hands free devices would optimize the usefulness of this App.
We tested this app for a week and it works very well. Also, we tried it with people who have different accents (Eastern European, Indian, Chinese), application performed reasonably well. So give it a try.