AT&T sent out the following email to iPhone customers:
Check out tips below provided by AT&T it may save your some big $$ someday.
- Turn Data Roaming "OFF":
Be sure to download and install the latest version of iPhone software from iTunes. By default the setting for international data roaming will be in the "OFF" position.
- To turn data roaming "ON/OFF" tap on
- Utilize WiFi Instead of 3G/GPRS/EDGE:
WiFi is available in many international airports, hotels and restaurants to browse the Web or check email.
- Turn Fetch New Data "Off":
Check email and sync contacts and calendars manually instead of having the data pushed to your iPhone automatically. This way you can control the flow of data coming to your iPhone.
- To turn off the Auto-Check functionality tap on
Settings>Fetch New Data Change Push to "OFF" and Select to Fetch Manually
- Consider Purchasing an International Data Package:
If you are traveling outside the U.S., purchasing a Data Global Plan will significantly reduce the cost of using data abroad.
- Reset the Usage Tracker to Zero:
When you arrive overseas access the usage tracker in the general settings menu and select reset statistics. This will enable you to track your estimated data usage.
- To reset Usage Tracker to Zero tap on
Let us know about your international iPhone experience. Any horror stories?