Virtual Villagers: A New Home
The iPhone now has a Life Sim in its arsenal of Apps. Virtual Villagers: A New Home by Vivendi Games Mobile is an iPhone port of the popular Web game. The premise is simple: You lead a group of castaways on a deserted island. It's up to you to get your crew in shape and brave the elements.
- Real-time simulation, even when the game is off (the first App of its kind to have that capability)
- Return to the game to find changes…for better or worse
- Pause function allows you to control the game more towards your desired pace
- Customize your experience by naming and dressing your fellow villagers
- Teach your villagers how to farm, breed, build, and research
- Five mini games keep your mind sharp
- Se Habla Espa√±ol
- Gameplay time can seem less than satisfactory, given the $7.99 price tag
Virtual Villagers: A New Home is certainly directed at fans of The Sims/Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon/Other Life Sim Game; if you live for Life Sims, chances are you'll take to Virtual Villagers. The game, while fun, lacks in replay value due to the scarce number of games and levels, but that isn't something an update can't fix.