Use this guide to jailbreak your iPhone 3.0. Please read the requirements before starting.
This guide works on both Windows and Mac. Mac users have a second jailbreak option, because they can use the already released pwnagetool 3.0.
Keep the following in mind before you begin (as of time of this post):
- redsn0w is available for Windows and Mac and this guide is applicable to both.
- The newest version of iTunes, iTunes 8.2, is required.
- You can only Jailbreak your iPhone 3G and 3GS using this tool.
- You can Jailbreak and Unlock your iPhone 2.0.
- You can Jailbreak iPodTouch 1.0.
- You must restore your iPhone to the latest firmware 3.0.
- redsn0w does not work properly on Vista 64 bit.
Here’s how it works:
All this steps are prerequisites to unlock your 3G phone
1. Make sure you have the newest iTunes (iTunes 8.2)
2. Back up your iPhone
– Connect your iPhone to iTunes
– Put your phone in airplane mode (calls/texts disrupt the process and make you start over)
– Right click your iPhone
– Press Back Up
3. Download the files
Windows – redsn0w-win_0.8.zip
Mac – redsn0w-mac_0.8.zip
In a future look here for latest file versions.
Latest Firmware Files for your iPhone or iPodTouch (iPhone OS 3.0)
4. Connect your iPhone to iTunes, select your device and Hold Shift and Click Restore
– This step is only needed if you do not run iPhone 3.0 already.
This step just insures that you have the 3.0 firmware on your iPhone.
You are done when you get a screen with the message “DONE!”
Press “Finish”, and let the installation continue on your iPhone. It is entirely automatic from this point.
Tell as about your experience, and feel free to ask questions…we answer them 🙂