GVMobile, the Google Voice iPhone app made by Sean Kovacs, is getting kicked out of the iTunes App Store for allegedly "duplicating features that the iPhone comes with." Hmmm, I didn't know the iPhone comes with Google Voice support. Go figure. Looks like Apple is getting more and more strict about applications (see here for another example).
The application seems to still be there, so pick it up while you can ($3).
If you've never heard of the app, here's what it can do through Google Voice:
- dial numbers (domestic for free and international at a variable rate) via the iPhone‚Äôs address book or typing in on the keypad
- send SMS messages
- retrieve and delete recent call history
- playback and delete voicemails
- take calls from different phones other than your iPhone
- add, delete, enable, or disable the phones that Google Voice forwards calls to
- The app is for Google Voice account holders only (making an account is free.)
- via Gizmodo