If you’ve been wondering how you can store, view, and send files as email attachments from your iPhone or iPod Touch, this article will teach you how. There is an iPhone appcalled Files, and it allows you to do incredible things with…well…files. It’s available in the iTunes App Store. While the app is not free (it’ll cost you $4.99), the price is well worth the options that the app offers you.
Continue reading to learn how to use this application so you can send documents and other files as email attachments from your iPhone.
The description of Files by the developer, Olive Toast:
“Files allows you to store and view files on your iPhone or iPod touch. You can connect to Files from any Mac or PC and drag and drop files straight from the Finder or Windows Explorer, as you would with any other shared folder. In fact any client which understands the WebDAV protocol can connect to Files.”
1. Download Files (Email, Document Viewer, File Storage)
The application runs $4.99 and is available in the iTunes App Store. Get it here.
2. Connect your PC or Mac with “Files” to add files and documents
These short instruction videos created by the developer show how to connect the iPhone to the computer. It’s very simple.
For Windows Vista via Creating a Network Location:
3. Send the file or document as an email attachment from within the application
Just follow the instructions inside the application. It’s very simple.
Supported file types:
- Microsoft Office documents
- Image/movie/audio formats that are supported on iPhone
- Apple iWork documents
- Secure files via password
- View all the files you load onto the application
- Image browsing, slideshow, thumbnails with zoom and pan
- Play audio files
- Jump directly to a page
- Search for files
- WiFi connection only to transfer files
Enjoy emailing documents and other files as attachments right from your iPhone! If you have any other questions, please ask them in the comments. We guarrantee they will be answered.