Google Maps Navigation was released with the Droid, right? Android 2.0? Of course, the question is: will it be available for other Android phones as well? How about the G1?
Well, some envious G1 users took it a step further and hacked their G1's to make the same turn-by-turn navigation available on their phones.
While this may not be as easy as a Blackra1n jailbreak for your iPhone, here are the steps to take:
Make sure you have CyanogenMod 184.108.40.206, by the way.
1) Unzip zip to desktop
2) Run Part 1.bat
3) When prompted to press any key, do so; the phone will reboot
4) When your phone is running again, run Part 2.bat
5) When prompted to press any key, the installation process is done.
6) Make sure GPS is enabled
7) Open Maps and press OK
8) Press Menu
9) Press Directions
10) Enter an end point
11) Click Go
12) Just under "Show on map", click Navigate.
13) When prompted to install the voice codec, do so.
Here's a video showing you what you're going to get in return: