One reader sent in a question about how to change the language on their iPhone. As the reader says, they accidentally changed the setting, and are now unable to read the menu options on their phone, therefore, unable to change the language back to English.
Say you find yourself in such a situation, and can't figure out what any of the words mean. What the heck are you to do?
Fear not, because iSmashphone is here to help! Step by step‚Ä¶
1) First, you need to go to your phone's main screen by pressing the "Home" button (circular button at the bottom of the device)
2) Touch the icon with the image of the gears:
3) From here, you will be taken to a new screen that looks something like this:
4) In that menu, is a menu option with a small gear icon identical to the one mentioned in step 2. Touch the gear:
5) Scroll down to the very bottom of the menu. You are looking for the second to last option. This is where your language settings are. (In this case it reads "Landeseinstellungen," but yours will depend on the language you have set the phone to. Choose that option:
6) Almost there! The next screen will show a much smaller menu. The important thing is the top-most choice. In this example, it reads "Sparche Deutsch" but that will again depend on the language your device is set to. Choose the option:
7) The next screen will give you a list of languages, with the current language checked off (German in this example). You must now choose the language of your choice. One you have done so, your new language should have a check next to it:
8) This final step is very important! You must confirm the change by touching the top right blue rectangle. This is telling the phone to save the changes.
9) If you have done everything correctly, the phone will go to a black screen as it saves the new settings.
10) Congratulations! You can now read your phone again!