I enjoyed the Ace Omicron. It‚Äôs fun and easy to play and hits my nostalgia button, nicely, reminding me of the old school arcade games, I‚Äôd play in the mall.
The controls are simple enough. You control a ship, where you tap on the screen you blast, and the ship will move in that direction. You try to destroy asteroids and enemy ships, acquiring point and health, that drop along the way. Tap the ship to freeze it in space.
There is a lot more, you can acquire or buy through credits upgrades to engines and weapons, but it is easy to start; just jump right in and shoot!
You can also share your scores on Twitter or Facebook and post them to leader boards of you like.
Ace Omicron for iPad $2.99
4 out of 5 stars
from the company:
Control Eden Jackson as she fights for existence in the hostile environment of space. She was marooned from her fleet after her hyper-drive engine malfunctioned. Now she has to travel "alone" through the long, gaping breath of darkness to reach home. Her journey starts from the Omicron (the 13th star of her galaxy‚Äôs constellation). But be wary fellow traveler‚Ä¶the deepness of space is no friend to life.
– Rocks of various shapes and forms are scattered throughout the journey. Use your blaster to keep them at bay!
– Robots and UFOs also thwart your venture at every path. Shoot them before they destroy your ship!
– Harness fusion gems and convert them into ship upgrades!
– Awesome 3D graphics and effects
– Ace Omicron is OpenFeint enabled (Leader boards and Achievements)
– Play the game horizontally or vertically
– Universal application (Play on any Apple touchscreen device)
– A selection of modes are available for different play styles:
1) Hyper (Automatically build your arsenal over time)