The Dev-Team blog's latest post shows videos and explains Comex's Spirit jailbreak. Dev-Team recommend backing up your vulnerable SHSH blobs before getting ready for the upcoming JB.
Well, you should have done that part long ago, and there are technical reasons for that. We recommend this article if you want to know more about that: http://www.saurik.com/id/12
Still, trust us, you it's something you want to do.
In any case, our main interest is to prepare your iPad 3G for the jailbreak when it becomes publicly available.
There are several methods for backing your SHSH blobs, below are a few we recommend:
1. Firmware Umbrella http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/
2. Saurik‚Äôs server http://www.saurik.com/id/12
3. The bunch who make sn0wbreeze http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/welcome.snow
Because our goal here is to save the SHSH blob from our iPad, method number 3 is the most applicable.
Without further ado, let's begin‚Ä¶
Important Note: Please be smart with your data. Back-up your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch before proceeding.
1. First, you will visit http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/welcome.snow
2. Look for AutoSHSH – 3.1.3/3.2 [RC2] (It's at the top)
If you still can't find it, hit the following link to download: http://www.mediafire.com/?dznm5a5mkcw
3. Now, put your device into recovery mode:
a) Turn it off. (Press the power button, then swipe to turn off)
b) Hold the Home button. (Round button just under the screen)
c) Plug in your USB cable (Make sure the cable is plugged into your computer and that iTunes is closed)
d) Keep holding the Home button until you see an option to connect to iTunes (See screen shot below)
4. Launch AutoSHSH-3.1.3+3.2–RC2.exe
5. READ THE PROMPT – You will need an internet connection for this to work, and can only have one device in recovery mode connected to your computer.
6. Choose "Grab my SHSH Blobs Automatically."
7. Save the Blob to your hard drive (Back it up)
8. Wait for Blob to be loaded to Saurik's server
9. You are done. You have successfully backed up your SHSH Blobs.
If you're on Mac no fear, we have a guide for Mac users on the works.