Spirit jailbreak is no longer a fiction, we have been reporting about demos for a while.
As of today it's available at http://www.spiritjb.com
Check out our guide here: Jailbreaking
Guide for iPhone or iPad Using Spirit Jailbreak
Explanations from the site:
- Spirit is an untethered jailbreak for iPad, iPhone, and
iPod touch on the latest firmwares.
- Spirit is not a carrier unlock.
- If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have
to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on
an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have
SHSH blobs for that version.)
- Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod
touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
- An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to
iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
- Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
- Syncing with iTunes before trying this highly recommended.
Note: On iPad, all this is still sort of beta. Some packages
in Cydia, not designed for iPad, might screw up your system and require
you to restore. Be careful. (And no, Cydia's appearance is not final.)
Before you begin any tinkering make sure to create SHSH Blob using our guide:
Also, keep in mind that this tool has been just released so use it at your own risk.
FYI, we will be testing it and putting guide together right now.