JailbreakMe.com allows you to jailbreak any iDevice (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad) starting with version 3.1.2 firmware.
The steps to jailbreak are very simple but we still like to show them to less adventurous individuals and to new jailbreakers. Since jailbreak is legal now we hope more people will try it.
Before we start make sure to read the following guides:
Guide on How to Jailbreak Using iPhone 4.0
1. Backup, backup backup
2. Visit jailbreakme.com
Make sure to visit that site with the device you like to jailbreak
3. Slide the Slider to jailbreak
Confirm that you want to jailbreak
4. Downloading process starts, you do not need to do anything
5. After download, jailbreaking process starts you do not need to do anything.
6. When jailbreak is successful you will get confirmation screen
7. Cydia icon should be available on one of your app screens. Also, since cydia been accessed by thousands of people at the moment, do not worry if it is slow and does not load. Take a break and come back later.
In case if your jailbreak fails you can try it again, site will detect the failure (see screen below)
Note: you may notice that some time stamps are different on screen shots, this is because some shots had to be retaken.
Tell as about your experience, and feel free to ask questions…we answer them 🙂