Today, the Dev-Team announced that Version 1.0-1 of their ultrasn0w carrier unlock is Ready For Prime Time.
The new version works on iPhone 4s running baseband 01.59, as well as 3G/3GS basebands 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 05.13.04.
Here's how to install it:
1) Jailbreak your phone. Now that JailbreakMe.com makes it ridiculously easy, what are you waiting for? Read our jailbreak guide here.
2) Once your phone's been jailbroken, you'll see that the Cydia app repository has been installed. Open it, and install any available updates.
3) Click "Search" and search for "ultrasn0w" (note: that's a zero, not a capital "O"). If you don't find it, click Manage/Sources/Edit/Add, enter the unltrasn0w repository (http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com), click "Add Source," then repeat the search.
4) Once ultrasn0w has been located in Cydia, click on it. In the "Details" box, click "Install" and "Confirm."
5) Reboot your iPhone by holding the Power Button down until you get the "slide to power off" message.
6) Turn your iPhone off and then back on.