When iTunes 10 was released, it came with a very new look. The buttons to minimize, close and maximize windows were now vertical instead of horizontal, and they were grey. What happened to the color?
Well, fear no more. We will help you get that iTunes window looking more like the old one.
This one is actually fairly easy to fix:
1) First, you must of course make sure iTunes is closed.
2) Download this .zip file, and unpack it: http://uneasysilence.com/bxT (Heads-up: Link will automatically begin download.) The folder should be called iTunes10colors. It should contain a file called iTunes.rsrc. Hold on to that one. That's the one you need.
3) Go to Applications/iTunes and right-click on the iTunes logo. There should be a pop-up menu. Choose "ShowPackage Contents:
4) A second window will pop up with a folder called contents. Now, go into /resources/iTunes.rsrc. Make sure to back this file up in case you ever want to go back to the grey color scheme.
5) Now, place that new rsrc file into the resources folder we just opened. This will replace the older .rsrc file with the new one.
6) Re-open iTunes, and you should now be back to the colors you've grown to love.
Now for the full effect, you can drop by here to see how to make your iTunes buttons appear horizontally instead of the iTunes 10 default vertical: How to: Get Your Horizontal Buttons Back on iTunes