The good folks at Quirky have come up with a neat idea; the Trek Support backpack, a carryall that will let you recharge any USB chargeable device literally on the go.
As you can see in the image above, it packs a removable gadget dock, which can be charged up and will in turn charge up to three different USB devices simultaneously. It also has a dedicated laptop sleeve, various pockets, and a TSA-friendly design for all your traveling needs.
From the manufacturer:
Trek Support comes with 3 components: the backpack, the laptop sleeve, and the gadget dock.
– Large main compartment, with a wrap-around clamshell opening.
– Outer zippered pocket for essentials like wallets and passports.
– Secondary zippered compartment, with a bungee strap and inner pockets for organizing your essentials.
– Two small mesh pockets on the straps, perfectly sized for your phone/MP3 player and ear bud headphones. One pocket has an additional USB outlet, with a wire threaded through the strap to connect to the gadget dock.
– Made of durable waterproof rip-stop nylon, with rubber-coated zippers and open-air mesh padding on the back and straps for comfort and support.
– Fits most laptops with up to 15‚Äù screens.
– Easy Velcro attachment to the inside rear of the backpack‚Äôs main compartment.
– Made of padded nylon and Velcro.
– Integrated battery can charge up to three USB gadgets at once.
– Includes 4 pockets that fit iPads/eReaders, phones, MP3 players, portable gaming systems, cameras, and other gadgets.
– Rechargeable battery lasts up to 7 hours, depending on the devices being charged.
– Made of padded nylon, with air mesh on the bottom so the battery can breathe.
Trek Support is available in charcoal, with bright blue accents and reflective hits on the logo and bungee cord.
Be warned though, as with other Quirky products, the backpack is just a working concept until it raises the necessary funding through pre-sales.
Want the backpack, it is a good idea, pay the $130 HERE then get your friends to do likewise. Or just cross your fingers and hope.