Yesterday, the iPhone Dev-Team posted a tutorial on how to unlock your iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS, but it required Pwnage Tool
Today, we learn that the Dev-Team has uploaded the latest version of redsn0w:
Redsn0w should make the unlocking process much easier, he said in another tweet:
Before you begin, here are a few warnings:
– There is no way to come back down from 06.15, and there‚Äôs no hiding the baseband version from Apple. You‚Äôll be voiding your warranty in a very obvious way.
– If some future baseband comes out with a critical fix, you won‚Äôt be able to update to it if it remains down in the 05.xx sequence (then again, you wouldn‚Äôt update to it if you wanted to keep your unlock anyway).
– Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won‚Äôt ever be able torestore to stock firmware (it will fail). You‚Äôll need to only restore to custom IPSWs (then again, if you‚Äôre unlocker you should already be doing that).
– Certainly don‚Äôt update to 06.15 if you don‚Äôt need to! Only do this if you need the unlock and you‚Äôre stuck on 05.14 or 05.15, and you‚Äôre willing to assume the above risks.
That said: Back everything up, and know that you are doing this at your own risk. Please make absolute sure that you know what you are doing. We take no responsibility if you lose data or your phone in the process.
This is a carrier unlock for iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G with a baseband later than 05.13.04
1) Download this bundle: Here
2) Download RedSn0w:
3) Run redSn0w, and make sure to enable "Install iPad Baseband"
4) You will get a warning, but just okay it.
5) When Redsn0w ramdisk is complete, launch Cydia to grab UltraSn0w.
6) Hit "Add Source"
7) Restart iPhone, and it should be unlocked.