According to the official Boxee blog, a firmware update is scheduled for May as they plan to release a firmware update "every 3 months or so." They are adding a few improvements and features. According to the official blog this is what you can expect in the update:
- Browser: faster loading and scrolling, favorites and history
- Video playback: improved ffwd/rwd controls, new look for on-screen-display
- Local files: sort by source, .nfo support
- New languages: French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Support for Boxee for iPad..
They are also going to be taking care of a few annoying bugs, bugs they say they fix in order of priority according to discussions in their forums.
Below are the bugs they plan to fix with this update, as listed on their blog post:
- Occasionally when trying to download and install applications it will result with ‚Äö√Ñ√∫signature failed‚Äö√Ñ√π message
- Using USB IR receiver duplicate button presses are occasionally generated
- HTTPS URLs cannot be invoked from search bar
- Update is prompted during paused video
- Special characters are displayed wrong
- Playback of some overlay ads in Flash video stutters
- The Boxee Box doesn‚Äö√Ñ√¥t recognize two USB drives with the same drive label
- When Boxee resumes from ‚Äö√Ñ√¥sleep‚Äö√Ñ√¥ mode all artwork is gone from library view
- iPhone remote does not refresh the available host names
- Display file name with Chinese/Japanese/Korean characters
- and many more‚Äö√Ñ¬∂
For now, they are going to be sending out the latest firmware to their early access users for additional bug testing and feedback, they say, for a release to the rest of their users when they see that it's functioning correctly.
[Via Official Boxee Blog]