Remember a long time ago when Apple released iOS 4.3.2? What? That was just yesterday? Oh. Well, no matter, it's already been jailbroken with PwnageTool. If you are interested in running the jailbreak, we have a how to that will get you through the process.
A few important notes:
If you carrier unlock your iPhone do NOT update.
If you have an iPad 2, don't update, either.
This is tethered. You will have to plug into your computer each time you boot your device. This means we honestly don't recommend doing this with your iPhone. Still, that's entirely up do you. Just know that if you are on the road without your computer and have to reset it, you will be without a phone.
The process is also a chore. Seriously. We've done it once for a how to, and the truth is we don't like doing it. It requires that you download a few extra tools, and it requires some usage of the Terminal in your Mac. Please, read through our how to first. If this doesn't sound like something you are comfortable with, wait until something better comes along.
Here are the tools you will need:
iOS 4.3.2 firmware (download direct from iTunes by plugging in your iDevice and selecting "Download Only when you are asked to update)
1) Use the PwnageTool Bundle for your version of iDevice and extract the folders to find a .bundle file.
2) Copy PwnageTool 4.3 to the /Applications directory.
3) Right click on PwnageTool and select "Show Package Contents"
4) Go to "Contents/Resources/FirmwareBundles/" and paste the .bundle file into this folder.
5) Put the iOS 4.3.2 firmware on your desktop.
6) Launch PwnageTool in Expert Mode.
7) Select the Device you are jailbreaking
8) Now Browse for your iPSW file and select it.
9) You will be given some choices: General, Custom packages, Cydia Packages, Build. Just click on Build.
10) PwnageTool will create a custom firmware for your device.
11) Put your device in DFU mode:
12) Launch iTunes. Hold down "option" and click on restore. From there, you will have to find that custom firmware file you just created and have iTunes load that into your device.
13) iTunes will install the custom firmware. Just wait for a while.
14) Unpack your tethererdboot utility.
15) Make a copy of your custom firmware and change the extension from .ipsw to .zip and extract your .zip file.
16) Copy kernelcache.release.n90 and iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu which are under /firmware/dfu
17) Create a new folder called "tetheredboot" on your desktop and move the three files (Tethered boot, kernelcache.release.n90 and iBSS.n90ap.RELEASE.dfu) into this new folder.
18) Power off your iDevice and launch Terminal.
19) Use the following commands:
Launch Terminal on OS X and run these commands:
Then enter your admin password and enter these commands:
Note: Replace ".." with the directory leading to your file. The easiest way to do this, is to highlight the file you are looking for and hit Control+i to get info.
Under "General" in the info pop-up window, you will see "Where" /users/(name)/… so on. That will show you the exact file path you need to follow in the terminal.
Now hit enter
You will see some lines of code run in the terminal and you will be asked to put your iDevice in DFU mode (video above shows how).
Wait for your device to boot. Now you are running a jailbroken iDevice. Remember, it's tethered.
In any case, at this point just jailbreak 4.3.1