In order to jailbreak your Apple TV 2G running on iOS 4.3, you will need the following:
PwnageTool 4.3.2 – PwnageTool_4.3.2.dmg.6340182.TPB.torrent (That’s a link to the Dev-Team’s official release. Remember, Mac only)
And you will need the latest firmware. The easiest way to do that is pick up the downloader we linked yesterday. It lets you find and download the ipsw you need. Pick it up here. Select Apple TV 2G and the 4.3 firmware within ipsw downloader. Let hit download and let it do the rest.
This jailbreak will give you NitroTV (pre-installed) and you can also go on and install XBMC, both are cool.
Now do the following:
1) Run PwnageTool
2) Choose Expert Mode and highlight your Device (Apple TV in this case).
3) Now you will have to browse for your IPSW. Direct PwnageTool to your new .IPSW
5) Hit the “Build” button in PwnageTool
6) PwnageTool will create your custom firmware, so just sit back and relax.
7) Follow the onscreen instructions to put your device in DFU mode. Have your Apple TV plugged into your computer and to your power outlet. And follow the instructions to put it in DFU mode. You will need your Apple TV remote. Note that this does not work with other remotes or universal remotes. It has to be the remote that comes with Apple TV.
– Hold the ‘Down’ button and ‘Menu’ button for six seconds. Release ‘Down’ button.
– Hold ‘Menu’ and ‘Play/Pause’ for six seconds.
8) iTunes will tell you that you have a device in recover mode.
9) Select your device in iTunes. Hold “Alt” and hit the restore button. Then direct this to your custom firmware.
10) iTunes will restore your iPhone with the new firmware. Your iDevice will now be jailbroken with 4.3.2.Easy, right?