Chair Entertainment’s iOS hit Infinity Blade has received it’s third major update with content pack #3, which adds the arena mode. Here is what their update page says:
“NEW! CONTENT PACK #3 – Infinity Blade: Arena
ChAIR loves you, so we are giving you EVEN MORE awesome content – for free!
– Enter the Arena: Challenge your friends to multiplayer matches online via Game Center!
– Or play Survivor, and face off against a legion of Titans to see how far you can go!
– New Holiday Helms! A new helm for every season, ready to be played and mastered!
– Over two dozen new magic rings, swords, shields, and helmets! Collect and Master them all!
– And More! New Achievements, more Leaderboards, and some new surprises!
Infinity Blade is now better than ever!”
Some may remember was actually shown off a while back when we learned that Epic’s Unreal Engine 3 (UE3) would be available for iOS developers. Chair’s Donald Mustard and Epic’s Mike Capps played a one-on-one fighting game they tentatively called Project Sword. Later that day, a demo called Epic Citadel was released, and it was nothing more than a tech demo showing what the UE3 could do on the iPad.
Sometime later, Infinity Blade was released. Though it felt repetitive (it was), it was a nice way to see how powerful graphics on the iPad could actually be. Things rendered out quickly and everything looked great. It was beyond what most of us had envisioned an iPad or an iPhone would be capable of.
Oh, and the game is on sale for 50 percent off at $2.99. Just in case you were considering picking it up. It’s a fun title, and the multiplayer face-off can be lots of fun.