Some users out there experienced an issue after using Comex's JailbreakMe 3.0 tool. Some bug in the jailbreak caused issues for Verizon iPhone users. Luckily, Comex has put together a fix. This fix addresses an issue in which your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo and will not let you boot. The following text comes direct from Comex himself:
"A bug in JailbreakMe 3.0 could cause iPhone 4 (CDMA, i.e. Verizon) to get stuck at the Apple logo and be unable to boot. If you are in this situation, there are two options:
- Hold down the home and power buttons until you see "Connect to iTunes", then use iTunes to restore to the latest firmware. This will lose data stored on the phone.
- Apply a quasi-experimental fix using redsn0w. Download:
- redsn0w 0.9.6rc19: Windows / Mac (do not use an earlier version)
- Fix bundle, depending on firmware version: 4.2.6 / 4.2.7 / 4.2.8
- IPSW for your firmware version, if you don't have it: 4.2.6 / 4.2.7 /4.2.8
Open redsn0w, select your IPSW, choose "Install custom bundle", and select the fix bundle. Then follow the directions. If it works correctly, after installation your phone will boot normally.
There is a separate bug where choosing "Re-jailbreak" would cause a device to be unable to boot. If you have this issue and don't want to restore, contact me."