There are many frequent travelers out there. As many of those travelers may know, it’s often difficult to get a decent connection. You are at an airport for two or three hours and you have to pay a full 24-hour fee. That’s a huge pain in the butt. No one wants to do that, but we do it because we need to connect.
A major advantage of the Skype wifi app, however, is that it uses your Skype credit and charges a rate of 6 cents a minute. So, if you only need to use your wifi for about an hour, you pay $3.60.
It’s important to keep in mind that your device MUST support multitasking. The app runs in the background, so if your iOS device does not have multitask support, you will not be able to use it.
Here are some bullet points from the App’s App Store Page:
Reduce your data roaming costs when you’re abroad:
• Use Skype WiFi to connect to WiFi hotspots at hotels, airports, train stations, bars and restaurants – available at over 1 million hotspots worldwide.
• Just one tap to connect – then browse the internet, check email, use Skype, check Facebook, update Twitter, upload photos, download music or ebooks.
• Only pay for the time you’re connected – there are no limits on the amount of data you can upload or download.
It’s easy to get started:
• Download the free Skype WiFi app.
• Sign in with your Skype account.
• Make sure you have some Skype Credit in your account.
Getting online at a compatible hotspot:
• Open the Skype WiFi app
• Tap Go Online.
• You’re online! Simple.