Desk Pets International Limited, creator of the interactive micro-robotic toys and gadgets, unveiled a 3-mode micro-robotic tank, named TankBot. The TankBot has the ability to navigate mazes, free-roam and to add a little spice, the robotic toy is fully controllable by your Apple iOS or Android mobile device. Featuring a built-in USB charger, the TankBot is simply economical as it pushes aside the battery cost. Available at an attractive price of $24.99 via Radio Shack and Toys “R” US, the TankBot is surely a must buy.
The TankBot works with infrared sensors which allows it to navigate twist, turn and run around obstacles with military precision. For a test run, you can set the TankBot to free-roaming mode and simply watch it act under its own direction while making various sounds including aggressive growls, impatient honks and in a rare case to tip over, behaving like a helpless child.
Download the free app over your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android mobile device, have self control over the TankBot. While operating the toy robot with the Apple iOS, the app features a dual joystick steering which allows realistic tank maneuvers.
Moreover, each TankBot comes packed with an iDesk Pets universal remote that can be easily plugged into the headphone jack of your mobile device.
Desk Pets International Managing Director, David Plitz, spoke:
TankBot’s smartphone compatibility and multiple modes, coupled with budget friendly USB charging and a sub-$25 price point, make it a great stocking stuffer for the holidays. In free-roam mode you can block it with your hands and watch it aggressively attack or decide to turn and run. The maze solving mode is incredibly accurate, with complete autonomous navigation TankBot can solve any puzzle you can come up with.
The TankBot Features:
1. Fully controllable by iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android mobile device application Autonomous mode uses IR sensors to navigate mazes, avoid obstacles, and react with military precision
2. Free roaming mode with various sounds
3. Retractable USB charger built into body of the product, 40 minutes of charge = 15 minutes of play
4. Flashing heartbeat eyes pulse when robot is idle
5. Each color (orange, blue, black, and green) operates on own frequency, allowing for multi-player racing and battling