It had to happen eventually. A version of Adobe’s flagship image editing software, Photoshop is now available. It’s on the App Store, of course. The downside? You will need an iPad 2 if you want to run the software.
It has layer support, and uses many of the popular features of Photoshop. That’s quite impressive for a tablet app.
Here is some info from the app’s page on the App Store:
**NOTE: Available in English ONLY**
Transform images with core Adobe® Photoshop® features in an app designed for tablets.
Combine images, apply professional effects, share results with friends and family through sites like Facebook, and more – all from the convenience of your iPad.
• Use popular Photoshop features designed for the tablet such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters to create mind-blowing images.
• Use your iPad camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique camera fill feature.
• Select part of an image to extract by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With Refine Edge, use your fingertip to capture even hard-to-select image elements, like hair, with ease.
• Search and acquire images with the integrated Google Image Search.
• Share images on Facebook and view comments right within the app.
• Browse an inspirational gallery for the styles and results you’d like to achieve. Then follow step-by-step tutorials to easily learn techniques the pros use for great-looking results.
• Use AirPrint for wireless printing of Photoshop Touch projects.
• Upload projects to Adobe Creative Cloud* and open layered files from Adobe Photoshop Touch in Photoshop CS5.
• Maximum image resolution: 1600 x 1600 pixels
Learn more about Adobe Photoshop Touch: http://www.adobe.com/go/pstouch
Learn more about other Adobe Touch Apps: http://www.adobe.com/go/touchapps
• Requires iPad 2 and iOS 5. Not available for iPad (first generation).
By installing this product you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the Adobe Software License Agreement at http://www.adobe.com/go/tt_eula.
You can check out the App below. It’s $9.99: