Coda 2 for Mac and Diet Coda for iOS are now available on their respective App Stores. If you want to pick them up, today (Thursday, May 24) is the day, as they are both selling at half-price ($50 for Mac and $10 for iOS). After today, they will go up to $100 and $20 respectively.
The apps are for folks who do web coding.
Here are some of their features.
✔ Better User Interface
• Visual Tabs. Find files quickly, and see more tabs at once.
• Customizable Sidebar. Put your favorite, powerful Coda tools in the sidebar dock.
• Streamlined Workflow. You’ll always know what you’re looking at.
• Code Focus. Hide the sidebar, or go full-screen, and get work done.
✔ Better Text Editing
• Code Folding. Finally.
• Smart Complete. Autocomplete your custom variables + functions.
• Automatic Indentation
• Smarter Automatic Closing Tags
• Tab Key Text-Shifting
• One-Press Character Wrapping
✔ Better File Management
• Git. In addition to SVN, now you can manage source with GIT.
• Complete File Management. FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, and S3, with a Transmit interface.
• Transmit Twin-Turbo Engine. Some of the fastest file transfer in the industry.
• Path Bar Browsing. Click a path bar segment for an instant file list.
• Open Quickly. Pop it open, type a few characters, and find what you’re looking for.
• Group Folders Above Files. A very popular request.
✔ Better Clips
• Multiple Placeholders. Quickly tab between the bits that need input.
• Dynamic Placeholders. Automatically fill in dates, URL’s, text selections, and more.
• Insertion Points. Put the cursor at the right place, every time.
✔ Better Sites
• Groups. Drag related sites into a site board.
• List View. See even more sites at a glance.
• iCloud Sites + Clips Sync. Even with Diet Coda on your iPad.
✔ Better Design
• Revolutionary CSS Pops. GUI pop-ups help with the hardest CSS as you code.
• Live Changes. See your CSS changes affect your page real-time.
• iPad / iPhone Preview. Shrink down your preview to just the right size.
✔ Better MySQL
• Built-In MySQL Editor. Without leaving Coda, administer your site’s database with ease.
• Edit Structure or Content
• Run Arbitrary Queries
✔ Better Everything
• Improved Live Hints. As you type HTML, JS, or PHP, quick reference can appear in the sidebar.
• CSS Styles in Code Navigator
• Code Navigator Filtering and Sorting
• All-New Books
• Better Ruby Support
• Skip Files Rules
• Improved HTML and CSS Validation
• Easier Theme Editing
• Full-Screen Mode
• Quick Look
• Plugin API Improvements
• Much, Much More
WHAT DOES IT DO?
✔ Remote Editing
Edit documents right on your server or staging server.
✔ Powerful FTP and SFTP File Management
Open, rename, modify, change permissions, the works.
Quickly get to work on your servers.
✔ Syntax Highlighting
HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, more to come.
✔ Revolutionary Super-Loupe
Positioning the cursor in iOS isn’t fun. We’ve changed that forever.
✔ Contextual Keyboard
The right special characters at the right time.
Insert chunks of code with a single tap.
✔ Find and Replace
Including our ground-breaking “Wildcard” token
✔ Built-In Terminal
The power of Prompt built-in. A $7.99 value.
✔ Much More
Packed with thoughtful touches.
AND ONE MORE THING.
Use your iPad as a dedicated preview window for Coda 2 on the Mac
Hit the links below: