The Chronic Dev Team today released Absinthe 2.0, which allows users of iOS devices with 5.1.1 firmware to jailbreak untethered. Here’s how to jailbreak your iOS device with Absinthe 2.0.
1) First, you will want to download the jailbreak tools: Link
2) Backup your device in iTunes. This is done by plugging it in and hitting “Back Up” under the devices menu.
3) Now go to your device settings: General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings.
4) Now you can launch Absinthe, make sure that your iOS device is still connected to the computer.
5) When Absinthe launches, hit the “Jailbreak” button. Let Absinthe do its thing, and know that this may take a while.
6) Your device will now be jailbroken. From here, you simply restore your device from your previous backup. This is under the “Devices” menu and “Restore from Backup.” All your content will be restored.
It’s that easy.