IK Multimedia, the folks responsible for music-realated apps on the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. We recently checked out their iRig Mix unit and app, and had a good deal of fun with it.
Cool thing is, we have a guitar, and played some guitar in high school, so we will be checking out the iRig Stomp in the coming weeks.
For now have a look at the press release:
IK Multimedia Releases AmpliTube 2.5 for iPhone,
iPod touch and iPad
Major update includes AmpliTube Slash models,
supports MIDI support, digital audio, Retina display and much more
June 2012 – IK Multimedia – the leading brand of music-making apps and accessories – released a major update of AmpliTube for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. With over 4 million downloads, AmpliTube is the industry standard guitar & bass amps and effects processor app when it comes to rocking out on mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
AmpliTube 2.5 is a major update that offers the newly released AmpliTube Slash gear model integration, MIDI and digital audio support, a redesigned recorder and mixer section, audio copy/paste, Retina display graphic updates and much more.
At its most basic level, AmpliTube for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad is an incredibly fun, intuitive guitar and bass rig that allows players to jam anywhere with world-class tone.
Users can further expand the available effects with gear models from the newAmpliTube Slash, plus favorites like AmpliTube Fender™ and VocaLive. Additionally, AmpliTube includes also the ability to record and compose entire songs directly within the app using the built-in recording studio.
AmpliTube version 2.5 elevates the app to a completely different live performance level by allowing players to control the app using MIDI controllers. With a MIDI interface – like IK Multimedia’s iRig MIDI – players can now use AmpliTube “hands free” in the studio or on stage by controlling every AmpliTube parameter or preset from any type of standard MIDI controller.
Also, by popular request, AmpliTube 2.5 now works with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad-compatible digital audio interfaces – like IK Multimedia’s StealthPlug USB audio interface cable on the iPad with the Apple Camera Connection kit.
The new AmpliTube 2.5 packs a multitude of new features:
- Expandable with AmpliTube Slash gear. All the gear that contributed to make the legendary Slash sound, including two Marshall® amp models and six signature stomp effects, are now available inside AmpliTube via in-app purchase as a bundle or as individual models.
- Full MIDI Integration. This feature allows users to control AmpliTube 2.5 via standard MIDI controllers using an iPhone/iPad/iPod touch -compatible MIDI interface like iRig MIDI. This allows the user to remotely switch presets or to control each knob, switch or controller on the interface with a physical controller. The feature is available as in-app purchase and it is free for iRig MIDI users.
- Support for all 30-pin Audio Devices. AmpliTube 2.5 now supports digital audio input/output via the 30-pin connector with compatible standard core audio devices.
- Redesigned Recorder section. The new recorder section of AmpliTube 2.5 now includes a Loop function for looping sections of recorded material, a new visual Metronome and a quick access Tap Tempo button.
- New Mixer section. A new mixer interface has been added to the recorder allowing easier control of master reverb send, channel level, pan control, mute and solo buttons, plus an FX button for applying the AmpliTube signal chain to the recorded material on the individual channels. This feature also allows “re-amping” of tracks to get that perfect tone or to apply different creative techniques to the material after recording.
- New Copy/Paste function. Now users can copy or paste audio content to and from other apps that support this feature, or easily copy the contents of one channel in the mixer to another channel.
- Restore in-app purchases. By using the new Restore Purchases feature, simplifies the update process for users that has purchased more gear via in-app purchase.
- Export audio via SoundCloud or FTP. In addition to exporting recorded material using email and file sharing, users are now able to easily upload and share their materials online on using FTP or via SoundCloud.
- Retina Display support. AmpliTube 2.5 now has an even more elegant interface designed for higher resolution retina displays both on iPhone and on the new iPad.
Pricing and availability
The new AmpliTube 2.5 update is now available from the App Store as a free update for all current AmpliTube users on iPhone/iPad.
For new users, AmpliTube 2.5 costs $19.99/€15.99. An LE version ($2.99/€2.39 – iPhone only) and a FREE version of AmpliTube 2.5 are also available with a limited set of gear models included.
For more information and video demos, please visit: