Cthulhu Saves the World is an XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) and Steam indie game that has made its way to iOS. It’s built to look like a 16-bit console classic and plays like a JRPG.
Gamers who grew up during the days of the Sega Genesis and the Super Nintendo will appreciate the cool throwback.
The downside is that many of the reviews come from people who enjoyed the game, but hated the controls. They want a d-pad. The good news is that the developers are well aware of this, and have already said that they are working on a d-pad option. Sweet.
Here’s the description:
The XBLA and Steam indie hit finally comes to iOS!
**Developer Note: We’ve heard from some players that a D-Pad option is preferred. We are working on that for the next update. Thanks for the feedback! The next update will also fix the screen orientation issue.
The lord of insanity, Cthulhu was all set to plunge the world into insanity and destruction when his powers were suddenly sealed away by a mysterious sorcerer. The only way for him to break the curse is to become a true hero. Save the world to destroy it in an epic parody RPG journey of redemption, romance, and insanity!
– Old school RPG style mixed with modern design sensibilities!
– Inflict insanity upon your opponents for fun and profit!
– 6-10 hour quest with unlockable game modes & difficulty levels for increased replay value.
– Highlander mode – XP gains are quadrupled, but only one character can be brought into battle at a time!
– Score Attack mode – Gain points by defeating bosses at the lowest LV possible!
– Overkill – Jump to LV40 in a single battle! Perfect for replays and experimentation!
– Cthulhu’s Angels mode – Remix mode with new playable characters, new dialogue, new bosses, and more!
– All of the great features players know and love from Breath of Death VII: The Beginning have returned – fast-paced gameplay, combo system, random encounter limits, branching LV-Ups, and more!
You can check it out below: