If you’ve ever needed to use Microsoft Office on your Mac, but aren’t necessarily a regular user, this little tip may come in handy.
According to website 9to5Mac, it’s possible to run MS Office on your Mac by following a few simple steps:
1) Download Bluestacks. This is an application that allows you to run Android apps on your Mac. Link
2) Launch the Twitter app in Bluestacks, and open that link from within (http://bluestacks.com/bstks_mac.html)
3) The browser within Bluestacks will launch from that link.
4) Navigate to the XDA forums and download the OnLive Desktop .apk. It will install like an Android app. Link
5) Sign into OnLive, and you can use MS Word there.
According to 9to5Mac, it will run a bit slower than the native app, but it’s very useful for those times you quickly have to use MS Office for one thing or another.