According to a report, Apple’s next-generation iPhone may be the company’s thinnest handset yet.
Of course all of this is rumor at this point. The rumor comes from Chinese website Apple.pro.
Here are some of the changes that help make it thinner:
- an elongation of the design by 8.63mm (~7.5%) to accommodate a 4-inch screen;
- relocation of the headphone jack to the base of the unit;
- inclusion of a new nano-SIM tray comprising 40% less space than the current Micro-SIM tray in the iPhone 4S;
- a more compact MagSafe-style Dock connector with 8 or 9 pins as opposed to the 30-pin Dock connector shipping on current devices; and
- a general reduction in the size of several internal components due to broader industry advancements.
It’s very possible that the next iPhone is thinner, but it’s difficult to tell at this point.
Either way, if the images that have leaked are at all real, the handset should be very pretty.