Apple recently updated Apple TV’s firmware to add new features, such as Bluetooth keyboard support.
Now FireCore has announced that it has released some updates for Apple TV 5.2 for aTV Flash (Black) and Seas0nPass.
Here are the updates:
Full list of changes
- NEW! Added support for Apple TV 5.2 and Bluetooth keyboards
- Minor improvements to backups
- Minor improvements to DVD playback
- A handful of other bug fixes and improvements
Note: Some 3rd party plugins such as Plex, Remote HD, Rowmote, and XBMC are not yet compatible with the 5.1+ Apple TV software.
They also provided a how-to:
What’s the best way to update?
aTV Flash (black) 2.2 is compatible with any ATV2 running 4.4 and later, so updating to 5.2 is not required. However, should you so desire, the best way to update can be found below.
- Backup your settings through the Maintenance > Manage Backups menu.
- Run the latest version of Seas0nPass to update the Apple TV to 5.2.
- Download and install the new 2.2 version of aTV Flash (black).
- Install any desired items through the Maintenance > Manage Extras menu.
- Restore the previously saved settings through the Maintenance > Manage Backups menu.
- That’s it!