A few weeks ago we learned about how to improve your network connectivity on AT&T with a simple iPhone carrier hack. Now there is a hack for Verizon iPhones. Here’s how to do it.
1) Plug your iPhone into your computer via USB and back it up.
2) Download the hacked carrier update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l7e4tnzjigwzdb0/Verizon_LTE_US_iPhone_14.1.ipcc
3) You will have to enable iTunes to accept custom carrier bundles. If it’s not set, you will have to do the following:
64 bit:cd C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes then type: iTunes.exe/setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
32 bit:cd C:\Program Files\iTunes then type:iTunes.exe/setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
Mac users you will need to open terminal and type the following and enter it in:
Mac: defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool true
4) Select your iPhone in iTunes and click “Update.” You will have to hold down Option (Mac) or Shift (Windows). Point your computer to the hacked carrier file you downloaded on step two.
5) Restart your device. You’re set.
This also works for iPad. You will do the same thing, but use the iPad hacked carrier update.
Credit to iTweakiOS (iPad instructions and carrier update available there).