iOS 7 is out now. Apple has removed all references to iOS 7 from its development center. It’s time to download the software if you haven’t already. You can download the IPSW directly if you want, or you can simply use one of these methods. Here’s how to install iOS 7 by using the IPSW.
1) First, you will need to download iOS 7. Make sure you download the one that matches your current device:
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi 3rd generation
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th generation)
2) Once you have downloaded your software, go ahead and save it in a folder where you want to keep it. The location is up to you.
3) Now, connect your iOS device to your computer. Select your device in the iTunes menu.
4) While holding the “Shift” (PC) or “Option” (Mac) button click on “Check for update.”
5) You now be prompted to select the IPSW you want to use. Direct it towards the one you downloaded in step one.
6) You will be given a few onscreen instructions. Follow these, and your device will update to iOS 7.