Griffin has announced its line of iPad Air cases. It seems like a solid case, and at $79.99, it better be.
Based on the specs, Griffin didn’t cut corners making the case. Here’s some info:
- Independently tested to meet conditions outlined in US Department of Defense MIL-STD-810
- Integral Display shield deflects wind and rain (Test: up to 200 mm/hr for 1 hour)
- Rigid internal frame protects against shocks and drops (Test: drop on flat concrete surface from 6’/1.8 m)
- Sealed ports block blown sand and dust (up to 18 m/sec for 1 hour)
- Silicone cladding blocks vibration (18 hrs at 20 to 2000 Hz)
- Includes multi-position workstand
Well, we’re not totally sure what exactly that all means. Sure, we can read it and interpret it in literal terms, but we have no idea what 200mm of rain per hour looks like. Either way, you can check it out here.