The iGrill 2 is a meat thermometer. It includes four probes and a propane monitor to let you know when propane is running low.
Personally, I don’t know much about the grill, but some of the other iSmashPhone editors do. I stick to easy stuff.
You can read the press release below:
IDEVICES ANNOUNCES PRECISION GRILLING PRODUCTS AT CES —
IGRILL2 & ILP PROPANE BLUETOOTH MONITORS FOR
IPHONE, IPAD, & IPOD TOUCH
New iGrill2 Features Improved Smart Meat Thermometer with Four Probes &
iLP Patented Smart Propane Monitor with Ultra-Sonic Sensors to Alert You When Propane Level is Low –
No More Running Out of Propane in the Middle of Cooking
Made for the Serious Griller
Avon, CT, January 2, 2014 – iDevices®, LLC, www.idevicesinc.com, the premier app-enablement company and creator of the original iGrill®, announced today the release of their newest connected grilling products: the iGrill2 Bluetooth® Smart Meat Thermometer and iLP® Bluetooth Smart Liquid Propane Monitor. Made for the serious griller, these app-connected products will take your grilling experience to the next level of excellence.
The iGrill2 allows you to monitor the temperature of your food using the free iDevices Connected App from up to 150 feet away. The device features a vibrant LED display with proximity wake-up, magnetic mounting, four probe ports and a 150-hour battery life. With a more rugged design than the original iGrill, iGrill2 is sure to be a must-have for any grilling fan.
Never Run Out of Propane in the Middle of Cooking Again – Tells You Nearest Location for Refill
The patented iLP solves the upsetting grilling problem of running out of propane in the middle of your cook. Using iLP with the iDevices Connected App, grillers can easily monitor the level of propane left in their tank using its ultra-sonic sensors for the most accurate reading. Simple enough for anyone to use, just leave it on the bottom of your propane tank and the app will alert you when your propane level is getting low and tell you the location of the nearest refill location.
Bluetooth Smart Technology Provides Simplified User Experience
iGrill2 and iLP use Bluetooth Smart technology, which provides a flawless user experience by simplifying the pairing process. iLP and iGrill2 work with the brand new iDevices Connected App for iPad (Generation 3 and up), iPhone (4S and up) and iPod touch (5 and up). The interface is user-friendly and totally responsive, with a device manager, personalized dashboard and fully customizable settings. An Android version will be released in 2014.
iGrill2 Key Features:
- Magnetic Mounting: Magnetic backing allows for convenient mounting on your grill or smoker, or use the optional magnetic disc for mounting on non-magnetic surfaces.
- Seamless Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart technology omits the need for manual pairing and provides a more stable connection.
- Bluetooth Capability: 150-foot Bluetooth range so you never get stuck at the grill.
- Monitor Multiple Probes: Easily track up to four different temperatures.
- Excellent Battery Life: 150 hours of battery life on just 2 AA batteries.
- Illuminated Display: Check the temperature quickly and easily with the proximity sensor LED display.
iLP Key Features:
- Track from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch: 30-foot Bluetooth range.
- Battery Life: 2 years.
- Pair with Multiple units: Stay connected to multiple iLPs simultaneously.
- Interchangeable: Moving iLP to a new tank is simple and can be done over and over again.
- Magnetic Mounting: No installation required, easily mount iLP to the bottom of a propane tank.
- Perfectly Engineered: Patented technology using ultra-sonic sensors retrieves the most accurate reading.